I was so excited to receive the new Ball “Perfection” jars in the new Limited Edition Heritage Spring Green color. Thank you Jarden Home Brands/Ball Canning!
Since we were getting ready to have some friends over for a good old-fashioned Mexican dinner, I thought it would be neat to put some fresh cilantro and parsley in the Spring Green jars for them to pick directly from to garnish their meal. I love the new color!
Any leftovers can be dried, and then cut using the Ball 5-Blade Herb Scissors and stored in the new Ball Dry Herb Jars. I really like the size of the Dry Herb jars. The shaker holes are the perfect size for fresh dried herbs.
International Can It Forward Day
Have you always wanted to learn how to use the iconic Ball® “Perfection” jars? Here’s your chance!
To commemorate 100 years since the creation of the “Perfection” Jar, TODAY Jarden Home Brands is hosting its first annual International Can-It-Forward Day with special guest renowned chef and Bravo’s Top Chef judge, Hugh Acheson! While the day is primarily to celebrate home canning via a live webcast on www.freshpreserving.com, International Can-It-Forward Day will also be exploring alternative uses for Ball brand jars.
The event is taking place at the Brooklyn Borough Hall Farmers Market and, in addition to canning demos where viewer questions will be answered in real-time by Chef Acheson and other experts, there will also be segments on crafting, herb gardening and the brand’s new drinkware line! We will also be attempting a Guinness World Record for the World’s Largest Mason Jar Mosaic! I can’t wait to see that!
How can you participate?
Watch the Live Event
Starting at 10 a.m. EST, you can watch the live webcast right here at Simply Fresh Vintage or by visiting the Ball Can-It-Forward Event Page. Our live stream is posted at the end of this post.
The schedule for the day is as follows:
- 10:00am – Pepper Jelly demonstration by Chef Sara featuring the FreshTECH Automatic Jam & Jelly Maker
- 10:45am – Tips on urban gardening & herb preservation
- 11:00am – Peach Siracha Jam demonstration by Marisa McClellan of Food in Jars
- 11:30am – Crafting in Ball jars with staff from Martha Stewart Living
- 11:45am – Hugh Acheson Preserving and Mixology demonstrations
- 1:15pm – Special Mixology demonstration with local mixologists
- 1:30pm – Salsa Verde demonstration by Chef Sarah featuring the FreshTECH Automatic Home Canning System
Share it with your Friends
- Share your favorite Can-It-Forward Day moments with friends via social media with the hashtag #canitforward.
Enter the Giveaway
In conjunction with the #CanItForward event, Jarden Home Brands is sponsoring a fantastic giveaway for our readers!
~~ Special thanks to Jarden Home Brands/Ball Canning for providing the limited edition jars, the 5-blade Herb Scissors, the Dry Herb Jars, and the Ball Blue Book for this project. For more information, see my disclosures here. ~~
Watch the live webcast here …
Update 8/17/2014 – The live webcast is now over, but the videos area available on the Ball Canning YouTube Channel.