Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things
Bet you can’t read that without singing it, can you!
When you are asked, “What do you want for Christmas?” do you say:
a) “Oh nothing … I have everything I need.”
b) Give three or four very specific ideas
Melissa from 320 Sycamore is hosting a Favorite Things party, and since we are in the midst of the party season, there was no way I could say no to that invitation. So just in case you were wondering, here’s just a few of MY favorite things!
1. Pottery Barn Basic Slipcovered Sofa … do I really need to explain. It’s just gorgeous. And the covers are replaceable, so if I decide to completely change my decor, I don’t have to buy all new furniture, just a new slipcover!
2. Ceylon Teak Collection from Ballard Designs … We’re planning on finishing up our side porch this Spring, and I would love to furnish it with Ballard Designs Ceylon Teak Collection furniture. Simply beautiful!
3. La-Z-Boy Recliners … TWO Please! Several bloggers were invited to the La-Z-Boy Design Dash in October, including KariAnne from Thistlewood Farms. Her room design was nothing short of AMAZING. I loved everything about it. But the one thing that made my heart completely flip-flop and twitterpate was the Houndstooth reliner in the corner. Oh my! How I would LOVE two recliners in that fabric. Swoon!
4. DeWalt DW744XRS Table Saw … We’ve been doing quite a bit of building here at Sunnyside Manor, and have a project list almost a mile long. Having a Table Saw would make life so much easier, especially for some of the furniture and cabinetry we want to build.
5. Mirabelle Fat Quarter Bundle from Fat Quarter Shop … I’m a quilter and I love, love, LOVE fabric, especially anything and everything Fig Tree. Mirabelle is the most recent release and won’t be available until March of 2014. I can’t wait!
So there you have it … just a few of my favorite things. Santa, I hope you saw this!
What are two or three of your favorite things?f
Swing by Melissa’s blog at 320 Sycamore to see more bloggers’ favorite things!