In January, one of my favorite designers, Vanessa Christenson of V & Co., debuted her first quilt of the year … “I Heart You.” I’d been tossing around a few ideas for my Valentine mantel, and I’d been thinking it would be cool to do something quilty. When I saw this pattern, I just knew that my thoughts were travelling in the right direction. I just love it when a plan comes together!
Vanessa’s quilt featured her Simply Color Ombre Pink fabric,
but I wanted to use something I already had on the shelf …
the perfect Valentine-y fabric collection … “Kissing Booth” by Basic Grey for Moda.
This pattern features a whole bunch of half-square triangles. I had so much fun playing with them!
I love how it turned out. It was exactly what I envisioned. Lots of reds, pinks, creams, with hints of grey and brown thrown in for character, dropped against a stark white background. Quilted perfection!
Pattern: “I Heart You” from V & Co. available HERE.
Fabric: “Kissing Booth” by Basic Grey for Moda, Moda Bella Solids White Bleached
Finished Size: 34.5″ x 29.5″ (the original pattern is for sizes 54″ x 54″ and 108″ x 108″)
Pieced by: Me!
Quilted by: Darla Padilla @ Wildflower Quilting
Coming up next … my Valentine themed mantle!
Sharing this post with:
– Make It Pretty Monday @ The Dedicated House
– Wow Us Wednesdays @ Savvy Southern Style
– Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson
– Simple and Sweet Friday @ Rooted In Thyme
– Hookin Up with HoH @ House of Hepworth’s
– Creative Juice @ Momnivore’s Dilemma
– Blog Link Party @ Somewhat Simple
– Valentine’s Day Party @ The 36th Avenue
– LOVEly Wreath & Linky Party @ Bower Power
– Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
– Be Inspired @ Common Ground
– Find a Friend Friday @ Sew Many Ways
– It’s a Saturday Sharing Day @ Pigtails and Quilts
– Strut Your Stuff Saturday @ Six Sisters Stuff
– Made By You Monday @ Skip To My Lou
– Making the World Cuter Mondays @ Making the World Cuter
– Just Something I Whipped Up @ Project Inspire
– Market Yourself Monday @ Sumo’s Sweet Stuff
– Craftastic Monday @ Sew Can Do
– Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple